Mud Master Discussion
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 02:00:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Tired of the spam bots.  I have shut down the ability for members to post and disabled registering of new accounts.  There isn't very much real activity on the forums anyway.  I have mostly kept them up for so long just so people can reference any information that is there.  The boards will remain up for reading.
18795 Posts in 3028 Topics by 979 Members
Latest Member: Daniman212
* Home Help Search Login Register
Mud Master Discussion  |  Infinity Engine Game Editors  |  Shadow Keeper  |  Topic: Why no Planescape Torment-keeper? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why no Planescape Torment-keeper?  (Read 1925 times)
Anthony
« on: May 16, 2002, 02:28:09 PM »

Just wondering, would be awesome.
Xiphias

Intergalactic Anomaly Creator

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 04:42:41 AM »

Because I don't think Aaron(the writing of the keeper utilities) owns a copy on planescape.

"Yakman steal all demon's teddy bears, Naughty Yakman!"
Mark

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2002, 06:11:58 AM »

And don't think he has any spare time.

"It is your lives you waste!" - Drizzt rules!
Rage

T'is Me!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2002, 09:07:37 AM »

Aaron, if you r reading this, how long did it take to make your programs?
Aaron
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2002, 01:33:24 PM »

Aaron, if you r reading this, how long did it take to make your programs?

It's hard to say for sure. The original one took the longest trying to figure out how the files were put together. I'm sure I spent two or three weeks getting the file formats down in GK. That's maybe a few hours per day looking at it. The UI in GK was pretty basic so most my time was spent on the analysis.

For DK/SK I had the file structure from GK to work with. There were some small differences but nothing hard to work with. I spent all the time I saved on the UI though. I spent easily 2 or 3 weeks on just the UI for DK/SK. But SK grew from DK and has a lot more stuff in it, so again it's hard to pin down how much time. I've worked on SK on and off for quite a while. Also with DK/SK I used the file format hacking project to get some insight into how the rest of the files were built. That probably took me a week or two to create the code that would allow me to navigate the game's resources -- to pull up the descriptions, icons, portraits, etc...

In the end, I don't know how much time, but it's a significant amount. Wink

Baldurdash : Bug Fixes.TeamBG : Customization.
Infinity Explorer : Resource viewer.   IEFFHP : File Format Information.
Pages: [1] Print 
Mud Master Discussion  |  Infinity Engine Game Editors  |  Shadow Keeper  |  Topic: Why no Planescape Torment-keeper? « previous next »
Jump to: